Positive Protection Filters for Removal of Water and Dirt From AvGas and Jet Fuel
- Positive Water Removal: Aquacon cartridges remove free and emulsified water from fuels and oils.
- Positive Water Holding: Filtered water is chemically locked-in and can’t be squeezed out.
- Effective Dirt Removal: 98%+ efficiency for 1, 5, or 25 micrometer particles
Patented Aquacon® filter cartridges have a unique high capacity inner filter media which removes all free and emulsified water from hydrocarbon fuels down to less than 5 ppm in the effluent. Absorbed water is chemically locked into this media and cannot be squeezed out. When a cartridge reaches its water holding capacity, its accordian pleats swell shut and block the flow. This “positive shutoff” prevents any water-laden fuel from passing downstream through the saturated cartridge. This causes an increase in the differential pressure which signals the operator to change the cartridge. Solid contaminants are removed by the cartridge’s two particulate filter media layers. The pleated accordian style design provides a large surface area for maximum dirt holding capacity. Models are offered for particulate filtration down to either 5 or 1 micrometer size with 98% plus efficiency. Performance is not affected by the presence of surface active agents.
Differential Pressure Gauge
When the needle is in the green zone of the gauge during normal flow, the differential pressure is less than 15 psid across the installed element, and the element does not need to be changed out. When the needle is in the red zone, the differential pressure is more than 15 psid and the element should be changed out. It has reached its recommended maximum pressure differential.
- Recommended maximum flow rate: 5 to 50 GPM
- Maximum operating pressure: 150 psi
- Material: Cast aluminum head, carbon steel shell with epoxypainted
- exterior and interior, stainless steel clamp band
- Inlet/Outlet connection: 1-1/2” FPT Inlet/Outlet face-to-face: 7-1/2”
- Closure Seal: Viton
- Height: 19” with draincock
- Weight: 10 lbs.
- Hardware included: Buna-N lid gasket 1/8” brass petcock vent valve and 1/2” draincock